Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Gif Creation

I love teaching with gifs! They are fun ways of reaching your students and adding a little humor to your room. A lot of times I just search for gifs that I want to use but sometimes I can't find what I'm looking for. When that happens I use Recordit. It's a downloadable program that you can use to screen record and it automatically turns your video into a gif. If I want to make it even fancier, I make my creation on Apple's Keynote, then save it as a video. Keynote has some of the best animation features that can really make things come alive. Below is an example of a gif I made.


Here are the steps I used:
1. Type and add images in a Keynote presentation 
2. Add animation
3. Export presentation as a video file
4. Open recordit and record your video playing 
5. Once your gif is recorded open it (it will open in your preferred web browser - I like using Safari with my gifs)
6. On occasion, it will not automatically open as the gif file so you will need to click gif at the bottom
7. Click file - save as - and save it to your computer. 
8. From here you can upload it to your drive, LMS, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment